Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Le Bestiaire


Mabel is always coming up with Halloween costumes. I believe she currently has multiple ideas in the running for each upcoming Halloween until she's about 9. Frequently they are amazing things--an anchor! a gargoyle!--where the first thing I think when she says it is: that's amazing, and the very next thing I think is: how would we ever do that? Which is where this amazing project comes in. First brought to my attention by Pattern Pulp, this collection of children's costumes is part of an exhibition curated by Ionna Vautrin, called Le Bestiaire that "gives children the chance to slip into the skin of all kinds of animals, from the very tame to the very wild." Part of the Biennale internationale design de Saint Etienne 2015, this show included the work of: Brichet Ziegler, Ionna Vautrin, Perrine Vigneron and Gilles Belley, Louise de Saint Angel, Anne Lutz, Joachim Jirou-Najou, Felipe Ribon, Les Graphiquants, Twice, Helkarava, Bonnefrite, Malika Favre, Amélie Fontaine, and Leslie David. I know what I want to be making come October!


No comments:

Post a Comment