Thursday, May 21, 2015

We Arrive at a Momentous Moment in the Ongoing Poem Series About the Summer of 2006



June 15, 2006
Today I bought tiny cakes

to celebrate the simply wonderful and amazing fact that
today is Bill’s last day of school
I’m so proud of him I don’t know what to do with myself
and so relieved we made it to the end of this first year

The cakes came in a little white box with a handle
and it felt great to carry them down the street

I started this journal with the blueberry muffins on his first day of school
as a way to try and work around the certain quantity of upset feelings
I found myself feeling in the process of learning to live with
support and help him a tiny bit in this astonishingly challenging endeavor




that first poem, about the blueberry muffins, lives here

image source is here

No comments:

Post a Comment