Friday, July 10, 2015

Centre Georges Pompidou


How on earth had I never been to the Pompidou? I mean, ok, I've only been to Paris twice before this trip and perhaps in the past I was more focused on seeing the old old old stuff of Europe, but still! I adore 20th Century Modern painting and they have an entire giant floor of it. Plus another huge floor of cool contemporary stuff. Plus an utterly amazing building that as far as I can tell more or less single handedly invented 80s PoMo Architecture as we know it today. So, what the heck? But hey, the omission has now been rectified. Let's start with the Modern floor, shall we? Here we go!

above: Matisse


 Delaunay


Picasso


Klein


Picasso


Pollock


Kandinsky


Rothko


Mondrian


Picasso


Mitchell


Matisse


Kandinsky


Kupka


Soulages


Kandinsky


Matisse

And now we go down to the Contemporary floor, where we found ourselves very drawn to light-based installations:


 Tobias Rehberger


 Wilfredo Prieto


Felix Gonzalez Torres


Atsuko Tanaka
(this was Mabel's favorite thing in the whole museum)

No comments:

Post a Comment